Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ryan Goes to London, Staci Goes to the Larkin's

Ryan has been in London/Paris for the past 10 days. His studio this semester has a site in London and they went to go see the site for their upcoming projects this semester. Since they were going to be so close, a few of his classmates decided it would be fun to take the chunnel over to Paris. So they were in Paris for a few days too. He has had a lot of fun and can't wait for us to go over to Europe together some day. I have been to both London and Paris before so I tease Ryan that I have already been there and done that. :) It would have been fun to be there with him.

I have stayed behind before when he leaves on vacation, but this time I think it has been hard because i'm pregnant. I would have gone on the trip if I wasn't 32 weeks pregnant and trying to save my vacation days for when the baby comes. But we are looking forward to the baby coming and couldn't be happier about being pregnant - so it is ok. We were able to email daily and g-chat a few days which was something I looked forward to. With the 5-6 hour time difference it was a little hard to make sure we were online at the same time, but most days we were able to be on at the same time.

Luckily, this time while he was gone I was able to stay at the Larkin's house. They are seriously the funnest family ever! They are also the busiest family ever! We are so lucky to have them as friends and really they are more like family to us. I really appreciate them letting me stay at their home. I was busy with school tests, videos and papers but it was nice coming home to a house full of people, not an empty apartment.

Ryan gets home this afternoon at 3:50 pm and I am counting down the hours! I can't wait to see him when I get done with work and hear all about his trip. I know he has missed me (and the baby too) as much as I have missed him!

No comments: