Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

It has been a great first mother's day so far. Nolan slept through most of the night which was fantastic! He only woke up once - which is unheard of. Ryan and Nolan gave me a cute card and flowers. Since I have been a little emotional this week- the card of course brought tears to my eyes. I was able to get "ready" for the first time this week. By ready I mean blow dry my hair, straighten etc. It felt great! It's amazing how the small things that you used to take for granted now make your day!! Ryan and dad went to church, while me and mom stayed home with Nolan.

My parents are in town and I am soaking up every second with them. I have loved having them here and don't want them to leave. We are having a great dinner tonight and I am glad I get to spend the day with my mom (and dad too :)).

2 comments:

Collie and Zach said...

Glad mom got to be there for your first mothers day. I am sure that you are the best mom how else would a one week old sleep for so long?

Jessica and Tim said...

Congrats on Nolan Staci. He's just a doll. He's so handsome and you guys are the cutest parents. I'm so happy for you. Motherhood is the best!