Friday, January 20, 2012

Operation Get Nolan to Sleep Through the Night

With Nolan creeping up on the 9 month mark I think it is about time for him (and me) to start sleeping through the night. Now that there is an extra room for him to sleep in at my parents house, no one on either side of us as far as neighbors go besides Josh at that end of the hall, this is the perfect time for us to give this a try. I don't have it in me to let him "cry it out" so I knew that wasn't going to work but I wasn't opposed to him fussing for a minute or two and possibly finding his binky and falling back asleep.
The first night at 11:00 pm he woke up and was crying. He cried for a bit and then I think he found his binky because he stopped for a few minutes before starting up again. Well that wasn't going to work for me so I went in there. He was up 3 more times after that. I would consider that night not successful.
The next night (1/18) we put him to bed around 7:00 pm and I was totally expecting him to wake up at 11:00 pm and then do his usual routine of getting up 1-2 more times. Well I woke up at 2:30 am and then again at 3:00 am and at this point I even got Ryan up and said have you been in to check on Nolan? He said No and it was at that point that I realized he had slept that whole time! Why on earth was I getting up when he was sleeping? :) At 5:00 am Nolan started to make some noise so I went in to give him a bottle and he fell back asleep until 6:30 am! I thought to myself this might not be so hard....
Thursday night (1/19) me and Ryan went to the Utah basketball game. My parents watched Nolan and were in charge of putting him to bed. I didn't expect him to sleep through the night again because this was my son and I know that he just gets up in the night...it is what he does. We get home from the game, go to bed and what seems like not long at all I hear Nolan make some noise so I look at the clock and it is 5:00 am! What?! He slept through the night again, this is too good to be true. He doesn't go back to sleep this time but i'm ok with it.
Friday night is a different story because he is back to getting up 2-3 times once again. I'm not sure what the difference is, but at least now I know he can do it and i'm hoping he will catch on very soon to sleeping through the night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is he sleeping through the night yet?