Sunday, May 5, 2013

Grandma's Funeral

Grandma's funeral was on Friday, May 3, 2013.  I arrived at 8:30 am and was the first one there - I pulled up at the same time as the hearse.  Collie and Macy were going to do grandma's hair and everyone else was going to set up.  We had a bunch of grandma's pictures set up and some of her sculptures.  Collie and Zach made a nice video with pictures of everyone in it.  That was playing during the viewing.  It was a real nice viewing and funeral service.  I was asked to give the grand kid tribute.  I asked all of the grand kids for their favorite memory of grandma and shared those.  I held it together throughout the whole thing, which was something I was very nervous about.  The funeral was exactly an hour. We went to the Salt Lake City cemetery for the graveside service.  The Garden Park ward relief society had a lovely lunch prepared for us and every one was ready for that after a long morning!  Everyone was so nice and kept saying how sweet and nice grandma was.  Grandma's friend Ione came to the viewing and that really touched me.  She ran the halls with grandma at Canyon Creek for the last year and they were best friends.  Ione mentioned how much she is going to miss grandma.  


















No comments: