Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Saturday Adventure x 3

On Saturday June 21, we went on a Northern Utah adventure with Colter, Bryce, Dianne and their two nephews.  Our first stop was at the ATK Rocket Garden - I have been here a couple of times but it is always fun to think about my dad when I go there and all the work that he has done.  Nolan knows that his morfar builds rockets and thinks it is pretty neat.








Next stop was at the Golden Spike National Monument.  I have been here a long time ago with my family, but it was fun to see them move the trains and read more about the railroad.  Nolan had a love/hate relationship with the trains.  He liked exploring and looking at them, but when they started to move and the steam started coming out, he said it scared him.  
















Our  third and final stop was to see the Spiral Jetty in the Great Salt Lake.  I had always heard about it, but hadn't seen it.  It was really neat and something that everyone should see. 















On the way back to get our car, we stopped at the Golden Spike again to use the restroom and fill our water bottles.  We stopped at the DQ for dinner and headed home.  It was a fun day and i'm glad we went on this adventure.  After we got home, I dropped Ryan off and took Nolan to Maud and Bruce's for Swedish Midsummer.  I always enjoy seeing that side of the family, even if it is only twice a year.


No comments: