Friday, July 29, 2011

First Week Back....

Well it is Friday afternoon, my first week back to work and first full week back in Raleigh! Man, it is HOTTT and HUMID here....breaking records hot, that's how hot! My first week back in Raleigh didn't go as planned, but with that being said, it wasn't a bad week. While Josh was in town, I went to the store and did all the errands I knew I would have to do during the week. I'm so glad I did that because once I get home with Nolan, it is basically time for him to go to bed. We read a story, pray and then he is in bed around 7:00 or so. We miss Ryan, and I missed spending the whole day with my little buddy but i'm glad I have a job to come back to that supports our family with the things we need right now. We really had a nice time in Denver and I am so grateful that I was able to spend so much time with Nolan and Ryan. It was a great blessing!

The person we have lined up to watch Nolan let us know last month that she was going to be out of town on Monday and Tuesday. We arranged to have someone else watch him on those two days, no problem. Well, the babysitter texted on Tuesday afternoon that her son was sick but we could still bring Nolan over for her to watch him. Well, that didn't work for me.....I cannot have Nolan getting sick while Ryan is gone and since I don't have any sick leave or any leave for that matter (thanks FMLA) I had to make other arrangements. She offered to still watch him, but it was my choice to not put my son in the position where he would most likely get sick. I know he is going to get sick at some point, that is not the issue. I cannot have him get sick now while i'm doing this on my own. (Not sure how single mom's do it....hats off to them) So I was able to get Wednesday covered. Wednesday afternoon I get another text from the babysitter that her son is not better and in fact has gotten worse. So I had to get someone else lined up for Thursday. At this point i'm catching on that her son is probably not going to be better for a few days and line up people for Friday too. This might not seem like a big deal, but when you are alone and functioning on little sleep and just trying to get back in the groove of work, etc. this sent me over the edge. I hated that I had to use friends to watch him with such short notice, but do not know what I would have done otherwise. So cute Nolan has had a busy week being passed around to different friends in the area. I am so grateful to Shantel, Bonnie, the Larkin's, and Allyson Markham for watching Nolan for me. I really do not know what I would have done without their help this week.

We are so lucky that Nolan is such a great kid and is so easy going. He is so happy and I love seeing his smile after a long day at work. I am looking forward to this weekend so we can spend all day together once again. The only thing that would make this weekend better is if Ryan was back with us.....one more week and he will be home!! We cannot wait!

No comments: