Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Simply the Best

Wednesday, June 29
Nolan took his first plane ride and did great! Our flight was scheduled for 8:30 am and Ryan took us to the airport before work. I was sad to leave Ryan behind, but he would be coming in a couple of days. I was a little nervous about how Nolan would do on the plane, if his ears would pop at the right time, would he scream the whole time and all my fears were put to rest when he slept the whole time! I was so grateful for that. I fed him just before we loaded the plane and he fell asleep just as the plane was taking off. It is just a quick 50 minute flight, but I didn't want to make it the longest 50 minutes for everyone on the plane. :)
My mom picked us up from the airport and our first stop was to pick up Collie's oldest boy, Easton so Collie could work. We grabbed some lunch from Apple Spice Junction and headed home. Easton was really shy at first, but warmed up quickly and chatted our ears off for the rest of our time together. He is a cutie and I loved playing cars and hide & seek with him.
That night we went for snowcones and I was in heaven. Man, Utah sure knows how to make snowcones. :) We were really tired from getting up so early, so we went to be early that night

The three cousins altogether

Love this!!

Thursday, June 30
My grandma came down in the morning to see Nolan. Then we ventured up to the zoo for the rest of the day. Grandma, Collie, Easton, Corbin, mom, me and Nolan all walked around the zoo and it was hot! I ran into a couple of people I knew and it was fun to see them. Nolan was a champ at the zoo and slept the whole time. We borrowed a stroller from Collie for Nolan, so we had 2 strollers, a wheelchair for grandma, Collie had Corbin in a carrier...i'm sure we were quite the sight to see!

Great Grandma D and Nolan

Dad with Corbin and Nolan

Collie was singing to the boys and they loved it!

How to you measure up? Grandma, Easton and Mom


Friday, July 1
We went to pick up Ryan from the airport at 8:30 am. I was so happy to see him. It had only been a couple of days, but we missed him! From the airport, we went to Ruth's diner in Emmigration canyon for breakfast. I forgot how good Ruth's is and thanks to my dad for taking us there. My mom had a doctor's appointment, so she missed out! We took the long way home and drove through Emmigration canyon, through the bottom part of Parley's canyon and went home. On the drive home, my dad remembered it was Ute day/Pac 12 day at the capital. We went up there and I loved being back in the Ute atmosphere! I sure love the Utes and can't wait to attend a game again.
Ute day/Pac 12 day at the Capital - so glad we were in town for this

Ryan had a meeting at 2:00 that afternoon, so after we dropped him off we hung around downtown and went to McDonald's for a shake. :) On the way home we received a call from Josh, who was at EFY that week. He said to hurry home, because he was on an errand during their free time and was going to be home for a bit. When we pulled in the garage, Josh came running out and gave us all big hugs. He as able to meet Nolan for the first time and immediately wanted to hold him. It was great seeing Josh and I was glad he was able to sneak away for a bit.



Love this pic - it looks like they are holding hands

For dinner that night we had Cafe Rio, which is always delicious. I was glad Ryan was with us and that we had such a fun day together.

Saturday, July 2
We had a busy Saturday! My parents were working in the yard when we woke up and I decided to go out and help them for the morning. I mowed the lawn, which is something I haven't done in years. Josh made it home from his week at EFY and finished helping in the yard. Ryan went to lunch with his brother Jared and spent most of the afternoon with him. Me and my mom went to Costco to buy a few things for the after blessing party. Ryan came home around 4:00 pm and then we headed up to Heber to help Collie get set up for the baby blessings and the luncheon that we were hosting after it. She had already cleaned everything when we got there, so we just helped set up chairs, and hung out. Ryan and Zach went fishing and caught 4 huge trout. They came home and smelled up the house with fish after we had just finished cleaning everything. Luckily the fish smell went away. :) Josh and Macy came up after taking Dallin to the aiport. We just hung out and played with the kids. It was fun just being together. Me and Ryan spent the night at Collie and Zach's house since we had to be to the church early the next morning to fill out paperwork for the blessing.

Sunday, July 3, 2011
I thought it would be fun to bless Nolan and Corbin on the same day so we could be there for each other's blessings. We were not able to be at Easton's and I was sad we missed it. I brought up the idea to Collie just after she had Corbin and she liked the idea of blessing them at the same time. I was pretty excited that we were going to be in Utah for the blessings. I was planning on just doing it in North Carolina, but then Ryan was offered the internship in Denver and going to Utah just worked out!! We all got up bright and early to get ready for church. It was so fun to get Nolan ready in his blessing outfit. He looked so handsome. Corbin and Nolan had very similar outfits and we didn't even plan it! :) Corbin was blessed by Zach in sacrament meeting, and Nolan was blessed by Ryan just after sacrament meeting. We had a ton of family support and Ryan gave a beautiful blessing to Nolan. I am so happy and lucky that Ryan is worthy to hold the priesthood and give blessings to us. He is a great dad and I know it was a special experience for Ryan while he was giving Nolan the blessing.


Lucy and Ellie holding Nolan

B-bug, Lauren and Nae with Corbin

Dianna and Ezzi

Josh with Corbin and Macy with Nolan

The 2 boys!

All the grandkids

The whole fam including Sammy!


After we finished blessing Nolan, we headed over to the house for an after party. It was fun having so many family members there. We haven't seen a lot of them for a long time since we live so far away. Just for my memory here are the people that were at the blessing: Maud and Bruce; Kristy and her son Spencer; Joy and George; Anna, Steve and their kids; Hillary, Steve and their kids; Christer, Natasha, Damion, Dayton, Cannon and London; Nae, Brittany, Lauren and Seth; Paul, Lisa and their kids; Dianna and Craig; Ashleigh, Ezzi and Alec; Jared; Davey and Jen; Ulla; Grandma Dalgleish; Zach, Collie, Easton and Corbin; Josh and Macy; Mom and dad; and of course me and Ryan and Nolan.
We went home and took naps which were very needed! For dinner the Wallace's that were in town came over to my parents. We had roast, veggies, garlic mashed potatoes and cookies for dessert. We did fireworks on the lawn and had fun spending time together. For the first time in years we had the whole family under the same roof that night. Collie and Zach slept over because Josh, Macy and Collie were running in the Murray Parade 5K the next morning and needed to be there early to register.
All tuckered out!

Monday, July 4
Everyone woke up early to get to the parade. We sat in our usual spots in front of the Dahle's building. The parade was just as I always remembered. It was great spending more time with family. After the parade, we had our traditional sourdough pancakes that my dad makes. The Bringhust's and Wallace's came over to enjoy the breakfast. Ryan left with his family to drive back to Denver. I was going to fly back with Nolan that same night. I opted for the short 50 minute flight over the 9 hour drive. Before going to the airport we had a BBQ at Scottie and Nae's house. They have their own Snowie snowcone machine and man it was nice to end the trip with another snowcone! :)




Thanks to Collie and family for coming down to SL everyday we were in town, Macy for spending the whole weekend in SL with us so we could get to know her better and to the Wallace's for making the drive from Denver to be there for Nolan's blessing. We are very lucky to have such supportive families!!

No comments: