Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Weekend


I love that we have a dedicated day to celebrate our father's. Ryan is a great dad and I love watching him interact with Nolan.  He works so hard for us and we sure do love him!   I am so grateful for my dad and all he has taught me and the unconditional love he shows to all his kids.  He is the best dad ever!  We are grateful for Ryan's dad as well.  He is fun and loves spending time with his kids.   Josh and Macy were speaking in the Garden Park ward so we went to hear them.  We ate dinner at my parents with the whole family and had extended family come over for dessert.  It was a great day!

The rest of the weekend was as follows.....
Friday night Ryan got home from his business trip and we shared a Cafe Rio salad and watched We Bought A Zoo.  Jared came over and we talked with him for a while - it felt like we hadn't seen him in forever, but it had only been a few days. 

Saturday, we attempted to hike to Cecret Lake.  We picked up Matteo to come along with us and we got to the start of the dirt road and the gate was closed.  This would double the hike distance and with Nolan along, we weren't sure how far we would make it.  Nolan didn't want to be held on the hike, he wanted to walk.  When we would try to carry him, he would scream and just wasn't having it.  So he walked most of the way.  We almost made it to the trail head where we were expecting the hike to start and realized we better turn around.  We were meeting Jared for dinner at 6:30 pm and had to drop Nolan off at my parents before meeting him.  I was a little disappointed we didn't make it all the way to the lake, that just means we are going to have to try it again this summer.  Nolan was so sleepy that he actually let me carry him on the way down for a little bit and he fell asleep.  The second I put him in his car seat he woke up ready to play. 







We ate dinner at Citrus grill with Jared, went for a snow cone and stopped at an outdoor expo at Wheeler Park.  Talk about random night.  :)  It was a lot of fun and I loved spending the day with my little family.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great Father's Day. I love the pictures of the boys and their hats!