Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Memorial Weekend

The weekend started out with a bang, celebrating my mom's birthday on Thursday.  The fam went to dinner on Thursday night to Red Robin to celebrate her big day.  Me and Collie went in on a present together for my mom and got her some Toms shoes.  She loved them!  Wish I had a pic from the night, it was a lot of fun.  Ryan was on a business trip to Idaho so he wasn't able to make it. 

Friday, Ryan left in the wee hours of the morning to go to Capital Reef National Park for the weekend with his brother Jared and dad.  They would be gone until Sunday night.  Since Ryan was gone, me and Nolan went to my parents to stay with them for the weekend.  My dad spoiled us with a fantastic dinner on Friday night and the rest of the weekend was spent running errands with them and enjoying our time together, and keeping track of Nolan.  :) 
Sunday, I went to church at their new ward where they are service missionaries.  It was fun to attend their new ward and see the people they have been telling us so much about.  They are doing a great service for the ward they are in and I know the people appreciate them!  Sunday dinner brought everyone together again to celebrate mom and Macy's birthday.  We had tri-tip steaks, watermelon, corn on the cob and cake for dessert.  Ryan and Jared made it back just after we finished dinner.  We played Disney Headbands game and that was a lot of fun.  Since it was getting late, we just stayed at my parents house that night.  Monday morning we went shopping to get Nolan some new shoes and then headed home.  Ryan helped Jared move into his new home and that night we went to Josh and Macy's to celebrate Macy's birthday.  Macy's brother and sister that live in Utah were there too and it is always fun to see them.  Josh did a nice job planning the party and we even had a power rangers piñata.  I love long weekends, but they always seem to go too fast. 






No comments: