Sunday, July 15, 2012

4th of July

We had a fantastic 4th of July this year!  The day started off with a 5K!  I haven't run in a race in a very long time, so I was a little nervous and my training for this race was hit and miss.  Luckily, Ryan ran with me the whole way and I can proudly say that I ran the whole race.  There were many times where I wanted to walk, but Ryan kept me on track and was cheering me on the whole way.  Ryan was a champ and pushed Nolan during the whole race.  I was exhausted, but it was worth all the sweat!  Josh, was a rockstar at his time was around 19 minutes.  Collie and Macy finished way before I did but I can't remember their times.  I was just glad to finish!    



















 After the race, we watched the parade with everyone.  This is such a fun tradition we have and I am so glad we were able to be with everyone this year.  


We continued on with another tradition and that is the Bringhurst/Sponbeck sourdough pancake breakfast.  Mmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.  It is so fun to get together with the Bringhurst's and Scottie & Nae's family after the parade.  During the afternoon, we went furniture shopping at IKEA.  We bought a bed frame and I am so excited to put it together!  
That night we had a family BBQ and left Nolan at my parents for the night to go watch fireworks at Sugarhouse park.  When we were driving through traffic to get there we decided to bag watching the fireworks because by the time we parked and walked over there, they would be over anyway.  We parked at East high to see them, but at 10:15 pm they hadn't started so we just went home.  It was a fun day with the fam!

No comments: