Monday, July 23, 2012

Bear Lake

We were so excited to be able to go to Bear Lake with the fam this year!  Last time we were there, in 2008,  we left early so we could start our drive across the country .  This time, we were only able to be there Monday night and all day Tuesday (July 10) due to work and limited time off and my work had company wide meetings at the end of the week that I couldn't miss. 
We left after work on Monday night and were able to make it up there for dinner and chatting with the cousins.  Seth made me take the "moron" test on the IPad and after the 5th time I gave up - Seth said I wasn't a moron. :)  Nolan was exhausted so he slept well that night.  Ryan slept on the deck of the condo and said he loved watching the sunrise. 
We all got up early the Tuesday morning to go to the beach to take some family pictures.  I think they turned out really cute and I love the ones with all the kids.  After pictures we changed into our beach wear and now the fun began!  We rented a boat for the whole day so everyone was able to have multiple turns on the boat.  I only water skiied and went on the tube this year but had fun doing that.  I love boating and I was shocked at how well Nolan did on the boat.  We were on the boat for most of the day and Nolan took a lot of mini naps while on the boat and sat still on my lap the entire time we were on there.  If you know Nolan, you know he can't sit still for anything.  While we were on the beach, he loved playing in the sand and in the water.  We ate dinner with everyone before heading home that night.  Nolan didn't enjoy the car ride home at all.  He was so tired but wouldn't sleep!  When we finally got home around 10:30 pm he was so tired - he went right to sleep when I laid him in his crib.  We can't wait to go next year and hopefully we will be able to stay longer than just one day!














No comments: