Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Is the New 20

Happy birthday to Me!
 
On Saturday I turned the big 3-0! 
 
Celebrations started last Sunday when we had a family birthday dinner.  I chose the meal, opened presents and had cake/ice cream.  Families are the best!
 
Friday, the day before my birthday co-workers decorated my desk area.  Someone made a cake and it was a fun workday, if that is even possible. 
 
 
Saturday was the big day!  Nolan had a rough night and I was up with him from 3:00 am - 4:00 am before he finally fell back asleep.  Ryan let me sleep in a little before we headed to breakfast.  Ryan surprised me by taking me to Eggs In the City (on 13th South 17th East).  When we lived in the area we always wanted to try it, but for some reason it never happened.  It was fantastic and I can't wait to go back there again.  My parents came to meet us before breakfast and took Nolan with them so we had the morning to ourselves.  We visited a few of our favorite consignment shops and finished off our morning by getting new phones.  We had been wanting to do it forever, and with Ryan's job it just made sense to make the plunge.  We both got iPhone 4's (they were "free").  I still can't believe we have smart phones since he held out so long without them.  The rest of the day was spent napping and going to the Utah game.  They lost to Arizona which was a bummer but I still love going to the games! 
 
 
It was a great birthday and being 30 isn't so bad!

No comments: