Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Week in Review

Our Thanksgiving week was great!  It started out on Monday night we met up with our good friends the Moore's from NC who were here vising family.  We went to dinner at Cafe Rio, chatted and man it was just so good to see them.  We caught up and it felt like we hadn't been apart for almost a year.  Ryan and Andrew went to a Jazz/Houston game (Jazz won!) while Shantel and the boys came over to our house.  Nolan and Nathan had a "sleepover" for part of the night until they left around 11:00 pm.  Luke was a cutie and so glad we were finally able to meet him.  We really miss our NC friends!


Wednesday night we went up to Heber to spend the night at Collie and Zach's.  Collie, Ryan and Josh were running in a 5K in Midway and we thought it would be easier/more fun to spend the night before the race.  We watched the thriller, Gone With the Wind before falling asleep.


 Thursday morning was the big race!  They all did awesome and it was a fun 5K.  We went back to their house to prepare food and get ready to head down to my parents for Thanksgiving dinner with everyone.  I was in charge of the yams, Collie made the pretzel jello and Macy made the green beans.  This was an "on" year so Scottie and crew, Paulie and crew along with Grandma were all there.  The meal was fabulous we all watched Forever Strong, played games and took naps.  :)  I can't think of a better way to spend the day than with my family. 






Friday, we had a lazy morning at the house.  I went out shopping around noon for a few things.  The deals were still going on and there weren't any crowds so it was a win-win!  Jared came over and we watched the Utes beat Colorado.  They finished the season 5-7.  We went to dinner at Z'Tejas with Jared and Annie at the Gateway and walked around.  We drove past the Temple Square lights and I can't wait to take Nolan there - he loved them from the car and I know he will love them in person. 
Saturday morning we went to breakfast at Kneaders in Ft. Union with Matteo and Merced.  Nolan loved Merced and she kept giving him her pastry which made him super happy.  We stopped by my parents while Ryan and my mom went out Christmas shopping.  I went shopping with Annie while Nolan napped, Ryan and my dad watched football and my mom napped.  We ate dinner at my parents before heading home.  Ryan went with someone from church to see the new James Bond movie SkyFall. 

Sunday we had church like normal.  I was off from nursery and was able to go to RS and Sunday School.  Nolan barely made it through sacrament before we headed home.  One of these days I keep hoping he will make it through sacrament meeting but I don't see that happening anytime soon!  We watched the Bronco's game, took naps, skyped with Ashleigh and Dianna before heading down to my parents for dinner.  We were having Josh's birthday dinner. 
It was a fun weekend and I cam so glad we were able to spend so much of it with family! 
written 11/26/12

No comments: