Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Where does the time go?

Blogger is trying to make me pay for more space and I'm not going to do it - trying to work through the old pics that I have in my only blog book to see if that will give me the space needed to at least finish out the year. 

Nolan is talking up a storm lately.  I swear he is saying a new word every week.  Last week it was "Adios" and this week it is "Mouth".  He goes to a daycare where one of the ladies speaks mostly Spanish to the kids and so that is where he learned adios from.  She is trying to teach him "Buenos Dias" next.  :)  I can't believe how much of a little boy he is.  He loves to jump, run everywhere and make noises all the time and my new favorite is copy the sounds that I make - things like "Ha, ha, ha" and "Ba, ba, ba" etc.  He is always trying to make us laugh.  Loves playing with older kids and after daycare one day the teacher told me that he was on the teeter totter by himself with a 4 year old kid smiling and laughing the whole time.  When she tried to take him off, he freaked out (please tell me other kids do this too).  So she put him back on.  He is still hit and miss with his sleeping through the night.  I don't know what else to try....crying it out doesn't work for me when I am tired and want to sleep.  I just keep thinking that no one ever got married and still got up once a night....right?  We can't get enough of him even when he does test our patience - what kid doesn't?!

Being December it makes me think about the things we have done or wish we had done throughout the year.  We have been so blessed this year and we can't even comprehend it really.  Ryan's great job that he loves, my job, a great place for Nolan to go while we work, great new friends, getting to see some old friends from NC, visiting family and just enjoying being back in Utah.

Anyway, enough nostalgia.....

We are looking forward to Christmas with our families and the whole Wallace crew is getting together for the first time in I dare say at least 4 years.  Being scattered all over the country will do that to a family - should be fun!

written Thurs. Dec. 6, 2012

No comments: