Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Very Merry Christmas

Christmas this year was perfect! We were able to spend time with family, and this time it was different because we knew we didn't have to leave after seeing everyone for a week. Christmas Eve morning we opened presents with Ryan's family before we hit the road for Salt Lake. We received blocks for Nolan and some new family traditions which I am excited to begin next year. It was good seeing everyone in Denver and trying blue cornmeal pancakes that Craig and Dianna have been talking about. They were pretty tasty! My family was getting together at 5:00 pm for a nativity, bread bowls, and a movie. We missed those events but were able to eat leftovers. :)

Christmas morning we went to my parents ward and then the parties started. My mom's side of the family came over and we opened presents and ate. This is always a fun thing for us to do and I am glad we still get together on Christmas with them. In the evening we opened presents with my family. We received great gifts and were very spoiled. Gift Cards, money, clothes, a new coat, earings, toiletries, Sun Bowl tickets to watch the Utes, lots of toys for Nolan, Yahtzee and Ryan got a new sleeping bag! Christmas with a child is so much fun - he loved the paper and boxes! :)



The day after Christmas we had Swedish Christmas with my dad's side of the family. I was very glad they decided to do this party after Christmas so we could see everyone. We were only missing Scott's family and Natalie's family this year. With almost everyone here, we decided to take a picture with everyone. This was quite the task, but I think it turned out pretty good.

No comments: