Sunday, March 10, 2013

January Wrap-Up

January was a fun and busy month for us!  I'll start out by mentioning all of the snow we have had this month - I honestly cannot remember when we got this much snow in such a short amount of time.  I know it is January and it is supposed to snow in January but this was crazy!  We had about 6 different huge snowstorms that all left 6 inches or more.  One storm left 15 inches of snow at our house.  On Monday, January 28 I had to shovel the car out, Ryan had to help push the car out, I drove around the block so I could come back to get Nolan and Ryan - couldn't make it up the street so had to walk up to get the boys and deal with the crappy, snow covered roads.  I couldn't make it up Becky's hill to drop Nolan off so I walked with Nolan and a gallon of milk in hand to Becky's.  This was about a 1/2 mile walk....not the greatest start to the morning but you do what you gotta do. 
Nolan asks to have his coat taken off the second we get in the house and immediately wants basketball turned on.  Luckily, there are replays of games on PAC12 network and ESPN all the time right now.  Not sure what we will do when there aren't any basketball games on or on replay.....He loves to sing ABC's, Old McDonald had a farm (chiming in on the E-I-E-I-O part), Once there was a snowman and If you're happy and you know it.  He still runs everywhere and continues to have way too much energy all the time! 
That pretty much sums up January, work, snow and Nolan.  :) 

No comments: