Sunday, March 10, 2013

Living Aquarium

Since I had the day off work on Monday, (thank you President's) I wanted to do something fun with Nolan.  There was still too much snow on the ground to make going to a park any fun, but something indoor with something Nolan loves.  The aquarium came to mind and I brought it up to my mom who also had the day off and we made if official!  We wanted to be there first thing and before Nolan's nap.  We got there early and found a good parking spot and it wasn't crowded at all.  I took our hiking backpack to carry Nolan around in.  He hasn't liked his stroller much, plus if it was crowded it would be a nightmare to push that around and I didn't know if the view for him would be all that good in the stroller.  He isn't to the point where I would let him just walk by me as I know how that story would end and neither of us would have a good time.  From the second we walked in to the time we left, Nolan was silent and just soaking it all in.  He loved seeing all the fish, sharks, penguins, otters, spiders, snakes etc.  He would point to the tanks, touch them and just smile the whole time.  He did freak out when we left the penguin area because he wanted to keep watching them, but other than that he was great!  My mom bought him some sharks from the gift store and he hasn't set them down since!  We went straight to Costco after the aquarium, back to my parents house where Nolan took his nap.  My dad made resgrensgrut (I don't know how to spell it) for dinner and I took some home to Ryan. 
It was a fun day and I loved spending the time with Nolan.  He is changing into a little boy and getting so big.  I keep telling him to stop growing up so quick and stay my little baby! :)  







 written February 20, 2013

No comments: