Sunday, March 10, 2013

Just Catching Up

Ryan has been busy with work.  This week he has been staying late trying to get stuff caught up and ready for their trip to Rexburg this week.  He was sad to see the Broncos lose on Saturday along with the Utes basketball team. 

I have kept busy with work, spending time with Ryan and playing with Nolan.  My favorite show started again - Bachelor.  I love Sean and can't wait to watch him this season.  I still love being in the nursery at church and can't believe that Nolan is one of the older kids now. 

Nolan is so much fun.  I am loving the stage he is at right now minus the tantrums and whining.  He loves basketball, football, balls, books, running, laughing, playing with other kids.  About a week and a half ago we took Nolan out in the snow and he just stood there - didn't move at all and wanted to go inside!  We are working on saying colors right now and learning more words.  He loves to sing the wheels on the bus, popcorn popping, twinkle twinkle little star, ring around the rosey, if you're happy and you know it, days of the week (song I made up) and the itsy bitsy spider.  He will bring things to you that he wants to play with and points to things that he wants.  Basically he loves our attention and being in the same room as us.  He makes us so happy and his sleep this last week has been good - 3 of the last 5 nights he has slept through the night....fingers crossed! 

Last Thursday we had a huge snowstorm hit Utah - the avenues got a whopping 15 inches of snow in less than 24 hours.  The drive home from work on Thursday took 2 hours and I didn't go faster than 20 mph the entire way home.  I was so glad to make it home safe and that Nolan was good in the car for the ride home.  I haven't seen the roads that bad in a long time.  I didn't go into work the next day, I stayed home with Nolan who was coming down with a little cough/cold.  We didn't go out the whole weekend, except for walking to church on Sunday.  I paid a college student to shovel out our car that was buried from the snowplow.  It was a fun weekend with the family and for Sunday dinner we stayed home and had our excellent chili. 

No comments: