Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sledding on MLK Day

Sunday we went to dinner at my parents with the whole family.  This only happens on the 3rd Sunday when Collie and Zach come down from Heber.  Me, Josh, Macy and Ryan go there on basically every other Sunday.  Since Monday was a holiday, I had the idea to have people stay at my parents and go sledding the next day.  My dad had to work and so did Zach but me, Ryan, Nolan, Collie, Easton, and Corbin stayed over.  We watched Brave, and National Parks disc 6 before going to bed. 
My mom got bagels for breakfast and we were off sledding at Murray Park.  We took Nolan sledding in Durango and he liked it ok, but was done after 3 runs.  We took him out in the snow a couple of weeks ago when we had a major storm that left us with 15 inches of snow and he hated that - wouldn't even walk around in it.  I wasn't sure how he would do this time but with his cousins around I thought it might be a little better.  Nolan loved it and wanted to go again, and again, and again!  He went down the hill with everyone that came and towards the end he was even running in the snow.  We joked that he looked like Ralphie from Christmas Story since he couldn't put his arms all the way down.  :) 







We put Nolan down for a nap, left him with my mom, Collie and the boys and headed for Winco for the first time.  We had a coupon if we spent $50 then we saved $10.  Every time I go to the store I spend over $50 so it was a no-brainer.  Winco was ok, nothing to write home about but the prices were good and if we are in the area I'm sure we will stop by again.  It is a little far away to go once a week. 
Collie gave Ryan and my dad a haircut, we had Cafe Rio for dinner and went home.  Ryan gave Nolan a haircut and this time it was a success.  I had the idea to give him a sucker and he loved it.  Ryan was able to cut his hair quickly.  We watched Bachelor and went to bed.  It was the perfect holiday from work - spent with family!

written January 21, 2013

No comments: