Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bear Lake 2013

Thursday (7/11) after work, I picked up Nolan and we headed up to Bear Lake to meet up with my family.  My family had been there all week, but since I just started a new job, I didn't have enough time off to be there for the entire week.  Ryan just got back from a 10 day vacation, and wasn't sure with project deadlines if he would be able to come up at all.  

The drive up there went well.  Nolan was great in the car and I had plenty of toys and snacks to entertain him.  We stopped in Evanston, WY at Wendy's for some chicken nuggets and chocolate milk.  We made it to Ideal Beach Resort around 7:45 pm.  Everyone was just finishing up dinner and we ate a little when we got there.  Nolan enjoyed running around with Easton and Corbin.  We were both pretty tired so we went to bed around 10:30 pm.....way past Nolan's normal bedtime. 

Scottie, mom and dad were the only ones up when me and Nolan went downstairs in the morning.  We helped them get breakfast ready - pancakes, cantaloupe and sausage.  We headed down to the beach after cleaning up breakfast and immediately got on the boat.  We had a 16 person boat this year, so there was plenty of room for everyone.  It was overcast and a little chilly while we were on the boat - I think the water temperature might have been warmer than the outside air.  I got in and wake boarded, which was really fun.  Nolan was so good on the boat.  This is one of the times that he will be completely still and sit on my lap.  He watched everyone jump in the water and even fell asleep on my lap!  We had to take the boat back to the beach, because something wasn't running right with it.  This was OK with me because we had to go pick up Ryan in Logan around 2:00 pm.  He was able to finish the project and get everything turned in.  So, Colter drove him up to Logan and we met there.  Nolan was great in the car once again - I wish he had fallen asleep, but that didn't happen.  We picked Ryan up and headed back to Bear Lake.  Once we got back, we headed right to the lake and got on the boat.  We went tubing and I had Nolan get on the tube with us for his very first tube ride.  My dad drove the boat for this and it only lasted a couple of minutes.  I think Nolan had fun on the tube.  Again, he sat on my lap and watched everyone else tube.  Ryan went on the tube a bunch and had some pretty hard crashes.  We stayed on the boat until 7:00 pm when we headed back to the condo for dinner.  We went to LaBeau's for dinner and made sure to have the amazing raspberry shakes! 




























Saturday morning we packed up the condo and hit the road for home.  Everyone but Davey and Jen went the Evanston way home.  We went the Logan way, so Ryan could fish.  Me and Nolan waited in the car while Ryan fished - Ryan says he caught a big fish.  We made it home around 1:30 pm and were all exhausted, but didn't take a nap.  Jared and Annie came over to show us Annie's new car - a black Nissan Xterra.  We went for a drive up to Hatch's chocolates with them.  

Bear Lake is always fun and i'm so glad we were able to go there again this year!  Many, many thanks to my parents and Scottie/Nae for the great time!!!

No comments: