Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Updates

Ryan:  Keeping busy at work and will hopefully be helping to manage more projects in the near future.  Grateful to have a job and we keep crossing our fingers that his firm will keep finding more projects for them to work on.  Enjoys saying that he doesn't own a car and walks to work.  A great dad to Nolan and loves taking him on walks up to see our neighbors fish.  They have a pond in their front yard and Nolan loves to walk up and see the fish.  Has gotten into cycling this summer and goes on a ride a few times each month.   Everything has has that relates to cycling was given to him.  If he continues to enjoy it I'm sure we will buy him a lot of gear.  Goes to the gym 3-4 times a week with a buddy.  Almost done with his hours and has passed his 1st of 8 exams on the road to becoming licensed.  I couldn't be more proud of him for working so hard for us!

Me:  Loving my new job or not so new job at the U.  When people ask if I like my job, I say that I love it and someone shouldn't love their job this much.  I truly enjoy going to work each day and helping each student.  I love being at the U, driving by the stadium every day, the people I work with and having my own office.  I try to attend a ballet blast class each week with Charlotte, but that doesn't always happen.  I stay busy with work, watching Nolan and spending time with Ryan.  I am still in the nursery at church and enjoy that.  I'm glad to only be in there every other week - the week off is a nice break to attend Relief Society.  Love where we live and wish homes in the area weren't so expensive.  Can't wait until we have a car since we have been car-less for a couple of days now.  Car shopping is the worst thing ever and dread dealing with car dealerships. 

Nolan:  All boy; 100% active; loves bugs; refuses to go to bed at a decent hour; walks out of his room in the morning and always comes running around the house looking for us and we always give him a big hug; sleeps through the night most nights, but there is the occasional wake up at least once a week; doesn't like to get dressed; loves monster trucks and his monster truck show on Net flicks; very polite and always says "thank-you"; constantly says, "not yet" or "not tonight" when he doesn't want to do something; says "I love you too" after we say "I love you" to him - melts my heart; isn't shy around other kids he walks up to them and says hi; makes us crazy at times but man we sure love him a lot!  He likes his school and walks from the car to the doors holding my hand.  I love holding his little hand.  My favorite part of the day is picking him up when he sees me and runs over to me.  Favorite story is any book he picks for the night.  He has started to actually play with his trucks etc and will drive them around the house with people/animals/balls inside taking them for a ride.  Opens the fridge to get what he wants and has this strange obsession with butter.  He wants butter on everything - i'm half expecting to walk in one day and he will have taken a bite out of a stick of butter.  He love, love, loves chocolate milk and if he could i'm sure he would have a chocolate milk IV hooked up to him at all times. 

written August 9, 2013

No comments: