Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pioneer Day Fun!

I loved having a holiday to break up the week!  We went to our neighborhood breakfast and then walked down to the parade.  I love living so close to downtown.  We found a perfect spot to watch the parade - at the Brigham Apartments.  We were elevated above everyone else and there was a railing in front of us so I didn't have to worry about Nolan running in the street.  Much to our surprise, Nolan was really good at the parade.  He sat there the entire time.  I think since he is used to having to run from activity to activity he didn't know what to think when the floats were moving for him so all he had to do was sit there.  We walked back to our house and took it easy for a few hours.  We tried putting Nolan down for a nap, but he wasn't having anything to do with that.  I'm really hoping the nap stage isn't over yet - he needs a nap and I need a nap.





Ryan really wanted to go fishing so we went as a family up Big Cottonwood Canyon.  Nolan fell asleep in the car on the way up so I stayed in the car with Nolan while Ryan started fishing.  Nolan only slept for an hour and then we walked to meet up with Ryan.  Nolan loved throwing rocks in the river!  I was glad that Ryan caught a fish while Nolan and I were there.  Nolan wasn't sure what to think when he saw the fish flopping around on the rock before Ryan put him back in the water.  After fishing we went down to my parents for a BBQ with everyone.  I love getting together with the family and that is one of the main reasons we moved back to the west was to be closer to family.  Nolan, Easton and Corbin love their popsicles and got drenched after playing in the water.  We watched fireworks on the front lawn and even though it was still light outside the boys really loved it!  Nolan would clap and yell "fireworks" as they were going off.  I really enjoyed being able to see fireworks - since we were gone for the 4th of July I wasn't sure if we were going to see any this year.  We attempted to go to my grandma's house one last time to watch the fireworks from Liberty Park. Since her house will be going up for sale in the next few weeks we wanted to have one last time watching the fireworks on the lawn.  One minute after the firework show started Nolan had a meltdown and we knew it was time for bed and we had to leave.  It was a great day and only 2 more days until the weekend and we get to spend a lot more time together!



No comments: